Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"For me, it was a no-brainer"

Part of our challenge at Bologna Admissions is to show the SAIS program to those of you who do not live near enough to visit. There is only so much that can be captured on paper.

We have found that our students and alumni make outstanding ambassadors. They can relate to prospective candidates who ask themselves: What makes SAIS Bologna different? Would I fit in there? What would it be like to study there?

Chidiogo Akunyili
Below is a video of Chidiogo Akunyili, a first-year SAIS student at the Bologna Center. You may remember that we profiled Chidiogo a while back.

In the video, which is posted on YouTube and the SAIS Bologna website, Chidiogo speaks of her year at the Bologna Center. A Nigerian by birth, Chidiogo studied at the University of Pennsylvania before working for three years in Berlin and Beijing.

Her concentration at SAIS is International Relations. Not a surprising pick for someone who speaks five languages. English and Igbo are her native languages; she is fluent in French and proficient in Mandarin and German.

If you have a question of Chidiogo, feel free to send in a comment at the end of this post. She would enjoy getting back to you.



Tomorrow: A level playing field for interviews

Nelson Graves

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, she studied at the University of Pennsylvania, then she worked in Berlin and Beijing.Last but not least, she can speak five languages. It proves the qualification of SAIS students but I have to say this really discourages me... I mean, I think I am skilled but not so much. Are three languages enough???

kehinde Falade said...

I am very impressed about the information I got on Chidiogo Akunyili. I am happy that she is an ex Q.C. girl as I am and has kept the torch brightly shining.
She has inspired me and given me more confidence in completing my application.
Kudos for work well done.

Nelson Graves said...

Anoymous - Yes, Chidiogo illustrates excellence at SAIS and has an impressive profile. Rest assured, however, that not all students speak five languages. The only language requirement for entry is proficient English; to graduate, every student has to pass a proficiency exam in a foreign language. Chidiogo's work experience -- three years after college, before matriculating at SAIS -- is not uncommon, although we have students who are younger and others older. "To each, his own," is the saying.

Steven Arjonilla said...

Chidiogo's profile is really impressive. I am excited to have the chance to meet other peers as intriguing as her next year!

StatCounter